The word “Sóma” is a close part of our heritage and comes from the Greek word σῶμα, meaning ” Body “
To be mindful is to live in the present moment.
To be in the here & now.
The benefits of living in the present moment :
1. Mindfulness: Get into the flow and enjoy what you do. You perform better with the task at hand because you are conscious of what you are doing and your mind is focused and your thinking is clear.
2. Getting things done: Living in the present is productive. Things get done as planned because your mind is not drifting here and there. You work with full concentration and energy. There is a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction as you cross out your to-do list.
3. Happiness: To forgive and forget is the way to live in the present and be happy. You avoid the past to hold you back and enjoy the present. Start every new day with happiness. When you are in the present, your mind is calm and you breathe slowly, you will feel good about yourself.
4. Effective learning: To understand and absorb what you are reading is to be engrossed. You will spend less time but get more out of what you learn when you are fully present.
5. Better interaction with others: You go to a movie and you enjoy it because you like it and you pay full attention. Likewise you will enjoy it more when you fully participate in a conversation.
6. Creative: You will be more resourceful in getting ideas when your mind is fresh and not distracted. A calm and relaxed mind is more likely to work better.
7. Appreciate the moment: One of the key ingredients of living in the moment is to go slow. When you eat slowly you enjoy eating your food. When you take breaks, you avoid stress and regain your energy and stay alert. You will notice more when you don’t hurry by. More importantly you will be able to appreciate more when you take your time to be delighted by the marvels of nature.
Be totally aware of what you are doing, feel it, touch it, enjoy it and be happy.
Be mindful, be present and live in the moment!
© Copyright 2016 – 2017 – All rights reserved –somamassages.com.au